Valentine’s Day is once again that dreaded time of year. Every storefront window has bright pink decor, there are smiling and holding hands couples, and your favorite restaurant was fully booked months ago. February 14th Is Not a Happy Holiday for Those of Us Who Are Feeling More Loathe Than Love. Don’t let Cupid’s poor aim bring you down, though. A dinner for one is exactly what you need, whether you’re going through a breakup, haven’t been dating in a long time, or just detest the corny holidays. Stop pouting now and go take care of yourself because you are the only one you really need.
Amanda, Pink Beet Crust Pizza
People may advise you that the only way to mend a broken heart is through therapy or finding a new interest, but they’re wrong.
- Set oven to 500 degrees Fahrenheit (with pizza stone if you have one).
- Water and yeast should be thoroughly blended in a bowl.
- To the yeast mixture, add the flour, salt, honey, and beet puree, and stir to combine.
- When the flour is thoroughly combined, turn the dough out onto a floured surface and knead it. To make the dough workable if it is too sticky, add extra flour.
- Create a dough ball and set it in an oiled bowl. Allow to rise for two hours in a warm area while covered with plastic wrap.
- Divide the dough in half for two 12-inch crusts once it has doubled in size (or refrigerate one of them for later).
- Stretch the dough out on some parchment paper that has been greased. The dough should now be placed on top of a second piece of parchment, and it should be further rolled out to a thickness of 1/4 inch using a rolling pin.
- Add a thin layer of pesto on top of the dough. Then incorporate sliced or shredded mozzarella, beet slices, asparagus, and cherry tomato slices. Pizza should be baked for 5-8 minutes, or until the crust is lightly browned, on a pizza stone or baking sheet.
- Take out of the oven, then top with arugula and soft-boiled eggs.
Hannah, Black Velvet Cake
A red slab of cake is the epitome of what Valentine’s Day is all about. but Everyone knows that February 14th is not rosy, which is why you should tint your dessert pitch black, the color of your heart.
- Shortening, sugar, and eggs are blended.
- Make a paste with cocoa and food coloring.
- To the creamed mixture, add.
- Buttermilk, flour, and salt should be added in that order.
- Include vanilla.
- Vinegar and soda should be included into the batter.
- Pour into 3 or 4 prepared 8 baking dishes “cake dishes.
- Bake for 24 to 30 minutes at 350°F.
- With the following frosting, fill and top split layers.
- When frosting, softly whisk milk into flour to prevent lumps.
- While constantly stirring, cook milk and flour until very thick.
- Complete cooling.
- Butter, sugar, and vanilla should be fluffyly combined.
- Add to the prepared dish.
- high-speed blending until very fluffy.
- Has a whipped cream appearance and flavor.
Ricky, Pomegranate Champagne
Go out and purchase a bottle of champagne for yourself while everyone is toasting their sweethearts over a romantic dinner. What Holiday Do You Celebrate? Of course, all of Those First Dates That Failed.
- You should add 1 ounce of pomegranate juice to a chilled champagne flute.
- Pour champagne down the side of the flute while tilting the glass slightly to prevent popping the bubbles.
- While it’s still chilly and sparkling, enjoy.
Kiera, Anti-Valentine’s Conversation Heart Cookies
Revenge tastes sweeter than cookies. Send Your Ex a Few of These Not-So-Loving Snacks and Save a Dozen for Your Own Sweet Tooth.
- Set the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Butter and sugar should be creamed together in a stand mixer bowl. Add the vanilla and egg.
- Combine flour and baking powder in a different bowl. Till completely combined, add the flour mixture gradually to the butter mixture.
- Roll out to desired thickness on a lightly dusted board.
- Slice 2-1/2 “hearts and bake for 7–10 minutes at 400 degrees.
- Light in hue with a slight browning of the edges is ideal.
- After taking out of the oven, allow it cool for five minutes on the cookie sheet before moving to a wire rack to finish cooling.
Danny, Hero Sandwich
Don’t fool yourself; carbohydrates have always been your true love. So start slicing up a baguette, popping open a bag of chips, and binge-watching Netflix.
- Mayonnaise and Italian salad dressing should be combined.
- Mix 1/4 cup of the dressing mixture with the lettuce and set aside.
- Spread the leftover dressing mixture on the bread’s sliced sides. Bread should be stuffed with a lettuce-tomato-meat mixture, American cheese, and green pepper. 8 pieces should be cut crosswise.
Justine, Homemade Pop-Tarts
The whole point of Valentine’s Day is to reconnect with former lovers. So indulge in Pop Tarts to rekindle your childhood romance.
- All-purpose flour, granulated sugar, and coarse salt are placed in the work bowl of a food processor and pulsed to mix. When the mixture resembles coarse meal and contains some bigger pea-sized chunks of butter, add the butter and pulse a few times. Just enough ice water should be added to the recipe to moisten the dough evenly, then add 6 tablespoons of it. The dough ought to be able to keep its shape when you squeeze a small amount of it together. If more water is required, you can add up to two teaspoons more, but avoid getting the dough overly moist. The dough was divided in half and placed on two pieces of plastic wrap. Make a square out of each half, tightly wrap, and chill for at least two hours.
- Roll the dough into an 8 1/2 by 12 1/2 inch rectangle on a lightly dusted surface. Cut the dough into eight rectangles after taking 1/4 inch off of each edge. Repeat with the remaining disc of dough, transferring the rectangles to a baking sheet.
- Turn the oven on to 375°F. Beat one egg thoroughly to create an egg wash. Apply egg wash to the borders of half of the rectangles. Spread out each of those rectangles with 1 tablespoon of the jam, leaving a 1/2-inch border all around. Use a fork to close the edges after placing one rectangle on top of each other. Each tart’s top should have three little vents cut into it to let steam out.
- Brush the tarts with egg wash before transferring them to two baking pans lined with parchment. Bake for 20 to 24 minutes, or until deep golden brown. Place them on a rack to thoroughly cool.
- Prepare the icing in the interim. Mix the powdered sugar, milk, and vanilla essence in a medium bowl. If you would prefer a thinner glaze, add a little extra milk. Each tart’s top should have some glaze applied with a spoon. Sprinkle with sanding sugar, then either serve right away or let the tarts stand at room temperature for about two hours to allow the glaze to set.
Matt, Cheese and Chicken Stromboli
Layers and layers of melty cheese, together with chunks of juicy chicken. In comparison to your ex, a Piping Hot Stromboli will make you feel better.
- A 400 degree oven is recommended.
- Combine the chicken, mozzarella, 1/2 cup spaghetti sauce, Parmesan cheese, and parsley in a medium bowl. Place aside.
- Spray nonstick cooking spray on a jelly roll pan. Form a 12 by 10 inch rectangle out of the dough.
- Fill the dough’s center with the chicken. To enclose the chicken mixture, fold the dough over and pinch all of the edges to seal.
- Place seam side down on the prepared pan. Form the dough into a roughly 12-by-4-inch loaf by lightly pressing it.
- Bake the dough for 35 minutes, or until brown.
- Make slices of. As a dipping dish, serve with the remaining spaghetti.
Kevin, Mug Red Velvet Cake
Obviously, the person who said sharing is caring was unaware of the benefits of being single. Now prepare a cup (or three) for yourself, and induce a red velvet coma.
- In a cup that can be microwaved, mix baking powder and cake mix. Any clumps can be broken up with a little whisk.
- Completely whisk the mixture after adding water. It will be a fairly thick mixture.
- On high, microwave for one minute. Verify completion. Microwave the cake mix for an extra 10 to 20 seconds if it is still shiny. Test different microwaves to see what works.
- Add-ins are optional and include whipped cream, chocolate syrup, and chips right before nuking.
James, Fried Chicken
You don’t have somebody to keep you warm on February 14th. You can now have some quality time with some finger-licking drumsticks, which is good.
- A large deep pot of peanut oil should be heated to 350°F; do not fill the pot more than halfway if you don’t want a hot oil spillover accident.
- For the sauce mixture, whisk the eggs and water in a medium bowl.
- Stir thoroughly after adding spicy sauce.
- Put this mixture in a sizable zip-top plastic bag.
- To make a seasoning blend: 1 teaspoon of salt, 1/4 teaspoon of freshly ground black pepper, and 1/4 teaspoon of garlic powder should be combined in a small bowl.
- To make the dredging mixture, combine the flour, baking soda, and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a separate basin.
- Chicken parts should be rinsed and dried with paper towels.
- Slice each breast half in half across the ribs.
- Seasoning mixture should be liberally sprinkled on both sides of the chicken.
- Put a few chicken pieces in the bag with the sauce mixture and mash them around to coat them completely.
- Roll each piece of chicken in the flour mixture before dropping it into the heated oil.
- Bird should not be crowded when cooking; I cook about half the chicken at once.
- Cook chicken till it’s crispy and golden.
- Dry with paper towels.
- White meat will cook in 10 minutes, whereas dark meat takes roughly 14 minutes.
- Keep in mind that smaller pieces cook more quickly than larger ones.
- By inserting a fork to the bone in the thickest area, you can determine when something is finished.
- It is finished when the juices flow clear.
Learn more: 5 Savory Ways to Waffle Your Life